Prior To Installation:
Gently rinse your hair extensions with warm water until they are saturated. Apply a generous amount of Shampoo to the hair, while holding the weft at the base, gently shampoo in a downward motion working shampoo from the top down. Rinse thoroughly. Condition hair in same manner and allow time to air dry.
Care After Install:
Distribute a generous amount of Shampoo through your entire scalp and massage your scalp with the tips of your fingers (not your fingernails). Gently shampoo in a downward motion working shampoo from the top down. This rubbing action and the resultant friction will loosen dirt, product residue and dandruff which can then be rinsed away. Thoroughly rinse your scalp afterwards, still massaging with your fingertips as you do so.
Condition / Hydrate:
Conditioning the hair is vital to its maintenance. After you have shampooed and thoroughly rinsed your hair apply a generous amount of Conditioner to the hair. Gently comb hair with a wide tooth comb, to assure even coverage. Rinse conditioner from your hair with warm water and gently towel or air dry.
Make sure to Shampoo your hair at least once a week. If you lead an active lifestyle, use excessive product or feel your hair had become dry substitute conditioner for shampoo during your weekly wash. Wash your hair in a downward motion, working conditioner from the top down in one motion.
STAY AWAY from:
Since the hair you purchased is 100% Virgin using the wrong maintenance products on your hair extensions will result in dry, dull, tangled, damaged and unmanageable hair extensions.
Please remember that many shampoos and conditioners contain harsh, drying sulfates that are extremely damaging to hair (ammonium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, etc.). These common detergents found in shampoos make curly hair frizzy and uncooperative. Conditioner can be used sufficiently to clean the hair (see the next step). Also, more gentle shampoos that contain mild cleansers (i.e. cocamidopropyl betaine or coco betaine) can be used occasionally or more often for wavier hair types. Pick an appropriate product for the care of your new hair. Use a good quality shampoo, your stylist can advise you what product is best for your hair.
Identity Divas Hair Extensions can be styled as you would your own hair. You can blow dry, curl with curling iron, straighten with a flat iron, dye with a hair dye, and style it as you would your own hair.
Helpful Tips & Reminders:
· Heat is your hair biggest enemy. The more you use on it, the shorter the life span of your hair. Use heat in moderation. Do not use high temperatures. High temperatures can damage the hair, including permanently altering the hair texture. Use styling products that are alcohol free.
· Sleep: Put your hair “up” at night. Plait or pin curl your hair before going to sleep. This is important in preventing tangles. Never sleep with loose wet hair, for it may tangle while you sleep.
· Co-Wash: Substitute conditioner for shampoo Wash your hair in a downward motion, working conditioner from the top down in one motion. Rinse well and then style. This is great for curly styles.
· Deep Condition: To keep you hair in tip top shape, use a deep conditioner or hot oil treatment in your hair twice a month. More or less, depending on the hair’s need. This is very important if you have chemically treated the hair or use irons.
· Styling: Always keep your extension tangle free. Brush or comb gently and avoid any excess tension. Always comb or brush hair from the bottom up, small sections at a time. The more careful you treat your extensions the longer they will last.
· When swimming at the beach, lake, sauna, or pool the following precautions below are recommended:
· Comb your hair and put it into braids before swimming or wading in any type of water. Never wear a swimming cap, the friction may cause tangling.
· Dry hair soaks up more salt water and chlorine than does already-wet hair; which, means dry hair incurs more damage while swimming.
· If you plan to get your hair wet, soak your hair with plain tap water before you take the plunge.
· Rinse your hair with plain tap water as soon as you have finished your water play.
Follow a day at the beach or pool with a moisturizing shampooing and deep conditioning treatment…
Enjoy Your Identity Divas Hair Extensions!